This one’s a tough one…
Sam Peters, one of my opponents in the GOP primary for Nevada’s 4th Congressional District, is pretty much running his whole campaign on the fact that he’s a military veteran.
I salute and honor him for his service to our nation. And if being a military veteran is a litmus test for your vote, I understand.
The truth is, I’m not. However…
- You don’t have to be a cop to support cops
- You don’t have to be a teacher to support teachers
- You don’t have to be a firefighter to support firefighters
- And you don’t have to be a veteran to support veterans
Fact is, I do.
As just one example, here’s a photo of me with Navy veteran William “Moose” Moorhead at the Memorial Day observance I organized, where a crowd of us stood on the bridge over I-15 in Mesquite waving flags to honor those who gave their lives in defense of our country…
In addition, I’m honored and proud to have been endorsed by the Nevada Veterans Association…
“Our organization represents approximately 228,000 dedicated veterans of the United States Military who reside in Nevada. Your relationship with the community and advocacy for Nevada Veterans demonstrates your ability to understand the uniqueness of Veteran needs and your commitment to support those needs.”
And I’m equally honored and proud to be endorsed by so many individual military veterans. A sampling…
- “I’m a Vietnam veteran. I support Annie 100% and I know a lot of veterans here in Mesquite do also. I’ve been supporting her ever since she first ran for city council. I’m glad she’s running for Congress because I’m going to vote for her again.” – Steve Reynolds
- “As a 26-year military war-veteran, I can see who has sacred honor and recognize the genuine qualities of leadership, integrity and courage. When minutia hits the fan, some people run, and some people stay. Here’s Annie facing the fire, standing in the breech for Nevadans.” – Stephen Haugh
- “I am a US Army veteran and support Annie Black for a number of reasons. For the past 14 years I have been involved in the Mesquite Veterans Center – as a board member, as the secretary of the American Legion Post 24, and as a member of the Mesquite Honor Guard. Annie is and always has been a strong supporter of American Veterans.” – James G. Carrick
- “As an 80-year-old Air Force veteran, I have NEVER had ANY elected official even so much as acknowledge my existence on the planet, much less communicate with me on a somewhat personal level. That changed with my FIRST attempt to contact Annie Black. Not only was her response timely but a direct response to the question I had asked her! GO GET ‘EM, ANNIE!” – Richard Hartley
- “I’m a constitutional conservative and Army veteran. Annie’s political record is as conservative as it is inspiring. I live in Pahrump, and even though it’s way off the beaten path, she finds the time to come out and visit and speak to us. That’s why I’m voting Annie Black for Congressional District 4 this Election Day!” – Bob Barlics
- “I am a US Army Veteran and have known Annie for almost 20 years and in that time, she has always said what she means and means what she says. Because of her strong principles, high morals, and willingness to stand alone if need be, she has my vote and I encourage you to support her as well!” – David Pectol
So honored. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
You can read even more endorsements and testimonials from our Veteran community by clicking here.
In closing, let me repeat: If being a military veteran is a requirement to earn your vote, I respect that and understand if you vote for the other candidate.
But take this to the bank…
No one – and I mean NO ONE – will be a stronger advocate for veterans in Congress if I’m elected.
And know this: While I won’t be armed with a rifle, grenade or hellfire missile, I’m going to beat Democrat Rep. Steven Horsford like a rented mule in November!
You can learn more by going to my website at www.AnnieBlack.net. Or if you have a direct question or concern, call me on my cell at (702) 872-2222 or shoot an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Battle-Born | Battle-Tested
P.S. Today is the D-Day anniversary and June 14 is Primary Election Day, Flag Day and the U.S. Army’s birthday. Celebrate, honor…and VOTE!
THE LAST WORD
“All kinds of candidates out there think that just because they were in the military, they are a better candidate. NOT SO! Serving in the military and being involved in politics are worlds apart.” – Mark Uttech
Annie Black is the Nevada State Assemblywoman representing District 19 and Republican candidate for Nevada’s 4th Congressional District. You can get more information and subscribe to her AnnieGram newsletter by visiting www.AnnieBlack.net.